Daily Archives: June 16, 2019

June 16 in San Antonio history…

1927
After being found between the mission and the San Antonio River, the stolen altar bell of San Jose is back on its ancient shelf today.

1936
The name of municipal airport is changed from Winburn Field back to Stinson Field.

1979
The Cable House (right), the winter home of Rock Island President Phylander L. Cable, is slated to be demolished by Southwest Research Institute.  The house dates to 1883.