December 7 in San Antonio history…
The San Antonio Light announces that a Christmas tree will be placed in Alamo Plaza “in front of the ruined portion of the Alamo” by the Rotary Club. The tree will be furnished by Douglas Fairchilds of Medina Valley. The San Antonio Gas & Electric Company has agreed to furnish, free, the current for several thousand colored electric lights; J. C. Kinney has agreed to do the electrical work; Steves Sash &. Door Company has promised to furnish a fence to be built around a sufficient area about the tree to accommodate 1500 poor children and their mothers; the British Society, the Scottish Society,(known as Clan McDuff), three or four of the German singing societies, the Ancient Order of Hibernians, (representing the Irish), and the Choral Society of the Y. M. C. A., (representing the Americans), have agreed, to come in costume and sing Christmas songs representative of each nationality on Christmas Eve.
E. P. Arneson passes away in a San Antonio hospital. A civil engineer, he served as the district supervisor for the Works Progress Administration. He also planned the Medina toll road, the master highways system of San Antonio, Waco, Fort Worth and Dallas along with other highway, subdivision and irrigation projects in the state. The Arneson River Theater is named for him.