July 28 in San Antonio history…
The Texas Theater shows its first “talkie” motion picture and the first from Paramount Studios – “Warming Up,” featuring Richard Dix.
Approval of the designation of the present Post Cemetery at Fort Sam Houston as an addition to the San Antonio National Cemetery has been granted by the War Department, according to word received at the Eighth Corps Area today. The new cemetery is on the east side of the Austin road immediately south of Dodd Field, and is on a hill overlooking the city. The section along the highway will be maintained as a park. The San Antonio National Cemetery is east of the city, adjacent to the city cemeteries.
Work begins on the restoration of old Hangar 9 at Brooks Air Force Base. Originally created as a temporary structure in 1917, the hangar is the oldest existing aircraft hangar at any U.S. Air Force Base. The hangar will become a museum dedicated to the late astronaut Edward H. White.
The F-15 Eagle makes its first appearance at Kelly AFB on a flight from Luke AFB in Arizona. The San Antonio Air Logistics Center at Kelly welcomed the Eagle.