February 4 in San Antonio history…
City workers have finished installing the first three mercury vapor lights in San Antonio along Houston Street near the Medical Arts building. The new lights generate about 10,000 lumens or four times as much brightness as current lights. The workmen should finish the installation of 50 lights along Houston from the fire station to Santa Rosa Hospital in March.
Today at 2 p.m. is the deadline for bids for the concession to own and operate pedal craft boats on he San Antonio river in Brackenridge Park. The contract will be for one year beginning March 1, 1957.