December 20 in San Antonio history…
The Grand Opera House has its grand opening. The Grand Opera House (later Grand Theatre) was built in 1886 and for many years was the best theatre in San Antonio. It was located at 303 Alamo Plaza. It stayed in business until the 1930′s when it closed. The Grand was razed in 1954 to make way for H. L. Green Dept. Store.
The Randolph field Ramblers, from San Antonio, despite the efforts of former West Point Stars “Doc” Blanchard and Arnold Tucker, lose a 24-19 football thriller to the Mexican Intercollegiate All-Star team today in the inauguration of Mexico’s Silver Bowl.
Santikos multiplex Palladium 20-screen & IMAX theater holds soft opening.