March 22 in San Antonio history…
The San Antonio Conservation Society is organized to save the old Market House and the San Antonio River.
Work began today on a road leading from W. Commerce street to the coliseum. Its competition will provide a second direct traffic artery to the coliseum grounds, sharing the load with E. Houston St. The $25,000 project is being financed by the state highway department.
In advance of a May 12 Federal Court hearing, the City Council repeals the June 19, 1954 ordinance (No. 20307) prohibiting people of color from city swimming pools.