September 4 in San Antonio history…
The cornerstone of the Joske’s building is laid at the corner of Commerce and Alamo streets.
San Antonio switches over to the dial telephone system. Telephone exchanges change from Crockett, Travis, Mission and Woodlawn to Belmont, Cathedral, Fannin, Garfield, Kenwood, Lambert, Parkview and Pershing.
A fire in the Hedrick Building at St. Mary’s and Martin causes $150,000 damage. The building was constructed in 1928 as the home of the San Antonio Real Estate Board.